Friday, January 29, 2010

No class on Fridays :)






I love that school is so much more laid-back. I only have class from Monday to Thursday. So today became a lazy day, which was so nice. I went with my friend Cat from Villanova to find a place for her to exchange money. This seems like an easy task especially since there are about 10 banks on the main strip with different names and a couple duplicates, but most do not exchange money. We did finally find one that did, but we arrived at 138 and for some reason they stop exchanging at 130. When we looked around a little more we found a shop that exchanges money and she did it there. After they we went to the Plaza de Espana, which was built in 1929. Along the wall there are 48 tiled alcoves to depict all of the provinces in Spain at the time. One of the pictures about is of the alcove of Sevilla. There are 50 provinces now. It's kinda funny because I live right next to this monument and I had not visited it yet. After the plaza we went to Maria Luisa Park and swung on swings in a playground. The grounds for the park were given to the city in 1893 by the person of the same name. It is a great park and I plan on walking in it during my free time a lot in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment