Friday, January 8, 2010

My first flight


First of all it was tough saying goodbye to mom and Courtney. So, I was hoping that my first flight would be routine and uneventful, but of course that was not the case. There was bad weather in Newark, so the plane was delayed two hours arriving to Buffalo and I only had a two hour layover in Newark, so I ended up missing my plane because for some reason there was a plane in our gate. I probably saw my own plane take off. But, the lady was nice in Newark and set me up for a flight the next day and paid for me to stay in a hotel. I love flying though, the moon was a beautiful red crescent above the clouds. I made it to Madrid and then Sevilla safely in my flights, but when I arrived in Sevilla I waited for my bags, and waited, and waited, until no bags. So they lost my bags and will let me know the next day. Great! So, I had a little breakdown, called my my mom on a payphone and cried but was okay after that. I then took my first taxi ride to my hotel to make it to some orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment