Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Orientation for Universidad Pablo de Olavide


I just found out what my classes were at the orientation for the university for international students. This year there is the highest number of international students that they have had, which was around 400 students. I am taking 4 classes this semester. On Mondays and Wednesdays I will have Lectura y Redaccion en Espanol from 9 to 1020 and Literatura Espanola: el Siglo de Oro. El Quijote at 1030 to 1150. Lectura y Redaccion is a Spanish composition class for advanced students and El Quijote is a literature class in Spanish all about the book of the same title. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will have History of Spanish Art from 1030 to 1150 and European Union from 130 to 250. I also found out at the orientation which level of Spanish that I tested into and I tested into advanced Spanish, so I am pumped about that. The orientation was the normal info about where to go and the FAQ's, but one thing that I thought was funny was that there was free beer and wine after the orientation in the cafeteria. This is just a little different from school back home, I would say, and you gotta love Spanish culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment